SBP certification scope
Please note that Forest Certification LLC does not offer SBP consultancy or certification and the following content is for information only.
The scope of certification is a central definition in certification. The cost of assessment and timeframes depend on the scope of certification.
For a Biomass producer and SBP Chain of Custody, certification scope cumulatively includes:
- a list of chain of custody participants and production sites involved in production (storage, processing, labeling and other operations) of biomass;
- a list of the enterprise’s production operations performed in production of biomass;
- input categories, i.e. raw materials or biomass (SBP-compliant raw materials, controlled raw materials, SBP-compliant biomass, SBP controlled biomass, EUTR compliant biomass), used in production of SPB-compliant biomass;
- output categories, i.e. biomass (pellers, blocks, chips), which company can sell as SBP claimed (SBP-compliant, SBP-controlled);
- an SBP claim control system;
- a list of applicable SBP standards the assessment will be carried out against.
- control of raw materials, for which SBE was conducted (including risk assessment) for receiving the status of «SBP compliant raw materials»
- the database on greenhouse gases (GHG).
Certification scope of Biomass production and chain of custody is a defining moment for certification of an enterprise and is fixed at each stage of certification process (commercial proposal, contract, audit schedule, audit reports).
For example, a certification scope can be defined as:
Purchase (specifying all categories of input materials), production (specifying SPB claim control system) and sales of SBP biomass (specifying types of the products and SBP-claims).
Certification scope covers following production sites: (addresses of production sites). Certification scope covers following sub-contractors (titles, operations’ description and addresses of subcontractors).
Certification scope covers a Supply base evaluation (regions/countries of wood origin).
Evaluation scope of a Biomass producer and SBP chain of custody is regarded as all inspected production sites, production processes, documentation, raw material suppliers, which also should be inspected against applicable standards.
Usually, evaluation scope is in accord with certification scope (in the case of individual certification).